CELLULAR VS. WIFI
Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS)
A distributed antenna system, or DAS, is a network of spatially separated antenna nodes connected to a common source via a transport medium that provides wireless service within a geographic area or structure. DAS antenna elevations are generally at or below the clutter level and node installations are compact. A distributed antenna system may be deployed indoors (an iDAS) or outdoors (an oDAS).
PUBLIC SAFETY BDA DAS
There’s good reason that BDA’s are now a CODE DRIVEN REQUIREMENT in many areas. With hurricanes, floods, tornados, snow, hail, and heavy wind storms it’s imperative that their radios work where ever they go.
Providing coverage for our 1st responders is our #1 priority. CODE calls for critical areas such as the Fire Command Room, Fire Pump Room be covered at 99%. 95% coverage is required for public spaces in buildings such as the lobby’s, stairways and the newest addition in some major municipalities is the addition of antennas inside the elevator shafts to gain 99% coverage in what is deemed a critical area.
The fire inspectors are writing Notices of Violation if their radios don’t work in your building, if you have received one of these, promptly call us for assistance in remediation.
Our systems are trusted by the professionals that must depend on them to work when they respond to an emergency.
- We are registered with the Federal Communications Commission.
- Our systems are robust, “future proofed” & upgradeable.
- We work closely with the AHJ and fire professionals to provide an approved system that meets their requirements.
- We use our own manufacture trained and certified installation, testing & commissioning technicians
CELLULAR ENHANCEMENT DAS
Do your phones not work in the building? Let us test your building to see if it’s a good candidate for a Cellular Enhancement DAS.
We offer the following turn-key services
- Owners Representative
- Creating Scopes of Work & Project Specifications
- Benchmark Testing – Using industry recognized testing equipment and manufacture certified technicians to pre-test a building to gain an understanding the signal strength and target only the areas for enhancement to keep construction costs down
- System Design – Using tools such as AutoCAD & IB Wave we create a design that can be submitted to carriers for approval
- Carrier Negotiations – we work with the Carriers for approvals so you don’t have to
- Equipment Procurement – work with the manufacturers and suppliers to bring all the materials to a centralized location for kitting and delivery to the site
- Equipment Installation – Our technicians are factory trained and certified installation and commissioning techs
- Post Installation Data Collection & Processing – Verify the system designed and installed meets or exceeds the design using calibrated test equipment